One of our aims is to provide you with a seamless journey from the time you make your booking right through to when you touch down and collect your baggage. In order to do this, we try to provide you with as much information as possible about the policies and procedures that may affect your travel including:
Booking policies and mistakes
We understand that occasionally booking errors occur and if you make a booking on our own website and find you've made a spelling error with a name on the booking, we'll change this free of charge (you can't transfer a ticket to a completely different person though).
You can make date amendments free of charge within 24 hours of the booking being made. (You can't transfer a ticket to a completely different person and date changes are subject to availability in the same fare class, any difference in fare will be either collected or refunded).
Likewise if during the booking process our system causes you to make and pay for a duplicate flight, we will issue a full refund of the duplicate flight without any charge, providing you tell us within 24 hours of the booking being made and subsequently provide us with your credit or debit card statement. These amendments can only be made by calling our Customer Service Centre.
For security reasons it is absolutely essential that the name on your booking, ticket and passport are exactly the same. If they are not, you will be unable to board the flight. This applies to every passenger so when you are making your booking either through a travel agent or direct with us via our website or Customer Service Centre it's a good idea to have all the passports with you. The person that you’ve known as John all your life may be called Jack in his passport. And Jane may be spelt Jayne.
Your booking and ticket must reflect your first and last names only. Middle names are not required. This rule also applies to marriage or maiden names. We can no longer allow passengers to travel by accepting marriage certificates or decree absolutes in conjunction with a passport.
If a mistake has been made we will allow you to amend the name to reflect the correct spelling in the passport, up to 2 hours before the flight is due to depart. However you cannot transfer the ticket to another person.
If you have booked through a travel agent, please call them to change the name, or if you have booked through our website or over the phone, you can call our Customer Service Centre. There will be a charge of £30 to amend each name.
Cancellation policies and other important information
When you book your flight directly from us, upon request our Customer Service Centre can advise you:
- The planned scheduled time of departure and arrival of your flight
- The airport and terminal of departure and arrival
- The latest times you can check in for your flight
- The number of en-route stops or aircraft changes, if known at the time of the enquiry
- The name of the operating carrier and the flight number
- Your cabin baggage allowance along with your free 'checked in' baggage allowance plus the charges we make for additional and excess baggage
- The aircraft type scheduled to be operated on the route, its seating configuration and lavatory availability, if known at the time of the enquiry
- Where to find the rules of our frequent flyer programme, Flying Club
- Any conditions attached to the fare you will pay including whether or not it is refundable