Refunds can be processed through your GDS if the following criteria is met:
- Ticket is un-used
- Ticket is partially un-used
- Cancellation of a reservation and refund of an original issued ticket before midnight the day after ticketing
- If a full refund is due - for death of the passenger or qualifying relative and adheres to the fare conditions
- Authorisation has been given by VS Account Manager or Sales Support
- If there is a full refund due to a Virgin Atlantic schedule change as per the Global Schedule Change policy, or authorisation has been given by VS Sales.
For BSP users who raise a refund application for any of the above criteria, Virgin Atlantic will charge a GBP30 administration fee. This will be applied per ticket and will be deducted from the final refund amount.
Refunds should only be sent to Virgin Atlantic to process if:
- Tickets are over their 12 months validity
- Coupon status on the ticket prevents you from processing in your GDS
- Virgin Atlantic has re-issued the travel documents; therefore, coupons are under airline control. You should mention “VAA reissue” in the text field on the BSP Application or email.
- There is a technical fault with your GDS preventing the refund being processed, this must be stated on your application to us as the reason for refund request, along with the passengers’ reason for cancellation
- A ticket has been utilised but there is a refund due (e.g. downgrades, residual amounts to be refunded following a re-issue)
- The ticket has been reissued with a different form of payment (FOP) than the one used on the original ticket.
For ARC users unable to process via their GDS due to any of the above reasons:
Click on the below link to open the refund application form on the website
Instructions on completing the form can be found here: