Trade Incentive Competition (“Competition”) Terms & Conditions
The competition launches on Friday 9th July 2021 and will end on the 31st August 2021.
Open to Travel Agents only (“Agents”), excluding Online Travel Agencies.
How to enter:
Agents who make a Qualifying Booking will be eligible to enter the Competition via completing the form on the VSFlying Hub, providing valid PNR reference’s
Draw will be made by by Friday 10th September 2021.
Winners will be announced by Friday 10th September 2021.
Stand a chance to win Premium Flights to Barbados, Caribbean for you and 3 friends.
Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited of The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF, England
Terms & Conditions for Competition
1. By participating you agree to the requirements set out in the Competition together with these Terms and Conditions.
2. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter this Competition. The Promoter may ask the Winner to provide proof of age.
3. This Competition is not open to employees of the Promoter or Virgin Holidays, their families or any companies directly connected with the creation and administration of this Competition.
4. Any Qualifying Entries made outside of the Competition Period are automatically disqualified.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award any Prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Qualifying Entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
7. All Qualifying Entries will be audited by the Promoter prior to the Winner being drawn to ensure the conditions set out above have been complied with.
8. The Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the Winner or the Prize.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to hold, withdraw, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
10. Personal data supplied during the course of this Competition may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for administration of the Competition and / or fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize(s).
11. Any unclaimed Prize will be forfeited if it is not accepted within 14 calendar days of the Announcement and no alternative Prize or compensation will be given.
12. The Prize may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or promotional fare offered by Virgin Atlantic or any third party.
13. After the Winner has been notified, the Winner gives consent for the Promoter to publish their name and agency in association with the Competition. The Winner agrees to participate in such publicity relating to the Competition as the Promoter may reasonably require.
14. The Promoter will provide the full name and branch of the Winner to anyone who writes in within one calendar month after the Announcement requesting details of the Winner and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address set out in the Rules.
15. The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold, bartered or substituted for any other prize. No cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative equivalent prize if for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter it is unable to award the Prize.
16. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
17. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Prize at their discretion.
18. Under HM Revenue and Customs regulations benefits provided by a third party to another company’s employees are taxable and are subject to Income Tax at the Winner’s marginal rate. National insurance contributions are also due on the value of the Prize(s) and on the tax paid on behalf of the Winner. As the Promoter has arranged and facilitated the provision of a benefit to the Winner (as employee of another company) the Promoter warrants that it will:
a. report the Prize as a benefit through a Taxed Award Scheme. This includes reporting the actual value of the prize(s) and the tax paid;
b. settle the basic rate tax due on the Prize(s). It is the Winner’s responsibility to report and pay any additional tax due where the Winner is a higher or additional rate taxpayer. Professional personal taxation advice should be sought in the instance where the Winner is unsure if there is any further tax due;
c. settle the NICs due on the value of the prize(s) and the amount of tax paid; and
d. collect, record and keep all the relevant information on file.
19. Certificates confirming the total value of the Prize(s) and the tax that has been paid on the Prize(s) will be provided on request by the Winner.
20. The flight prize is subject to terms and conditions of carriage.
21. The flight prize is subject to availability and exclusion dates.
22. The prize will need to be redeemed in full by 30 December 2022. Prize will be forfeited if it is not redeemed and used by this date and no alternative or compensation will be given.
23. Once the Prize booking has been confirmed no further changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled no alternative tickets will be issued.
24. Each Winner and (if applicable) their chosen companion must travel together. If the Winner wishes to travel alone, the second ticket will be forfeited.
25. Virgin Atlantic’s flight schedules are subject to change without notice.
26. In the event that any of Virgin Atlantic’s flight programme or operations are altered, suspended, cut-back or cancelled, Virgin Atlantic is unable to guarantee that any affected Prize flights will be honoured. If Virgin Atlantic is able to transfer the Prize(s) to another airline, travel will be for economy/coach class only, subject to availability. No refund or part refund will be given for any alternation or cancellation of the Prize(s) in these circumstances.
27. The Prize(s) do not include any spending money, accommodation, transfers, excess baggage, car parking charges, excursions, attractions nor any other costs incurred by the Winner and their companion throughout the duration of the trip.
28. The Prize(s) do not include insurance (including but not limited to medical and travel insurance). It is the Winner(s)’s responsibility to arrange whatever cover they need and to consider how participating in any reward activity or offer may affect any existing policies such as personal accident and life insurance. The Winner(s) may be required to provide proof of your insurance policy to Virgin Atlantic.
29. The Prize(s) do not include the cost nor arrangement of any applicable passenger visas, taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, which will be charged to and payable by each Winner and their companion. The amount of these is subject to change.
30. Weekends, school and public holidays will fill quickly and Virgin Atlantic cannot guarantee availability. Some flights may already be booked and consequently have no seats available in the applicable booking class. Winner(s) should try to book as much in advance as possible.
31. The Prize(s) are not transferable to family members or any other named person.
32. No Flying Club mileage or tier points will be earned on the Prize(s).
33. The Prize(s) may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or promotional fare mounted by Virgin Atlantic or any third party.
34. In the event of a non-controlling state disclosure or liability arising from an entity’s participation in any competition or incentive scheme of the Promoter the obligation to comply to local rules, laws and legislation in the receipt of an award will be the responsibility of the beneficiary.
35. By entering this Competition, the Winner agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any Prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law). By redeeming the Prize the Winner accepts the Prize at his/her own risk, and agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
36. These Terms & Conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.