Win fantastic prizes with our 'Just say Virgin Atlantic' Incentive
Throughout January our approved mystery shoppers will be calling or visiting our key Trade Partners. And if you recommend Virgin Atlantic or Delta Air Lines as your first airline of choice, you will win one of these fantastic prizes*:
- One of 5 pairs of Economy return tickets with Virgin Atlantic
- One of 5 pairs of Economy return tickets with Delta Air Lines
- One of 60 £25 Amazon Gift Cards
It’s as simple as that, just say ‘Virgin Atlantic or Delta Air Lines’ and start this new year off as you mean to go on – winning!
Full Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter: The promoter of this prize draw is Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited of, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley RH10 9DF.
2. Eligibility: The prize draw is open to all UK Travel Trade Front Line Sales Agents aged 18 years or older, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
3. Promotion Period: The opening date is 00:01 on Tuesday 4th January 2022. The closing date is 23:59 on Monday 31st January 2022.
4. Entry: If following a face to face or telephone enquiry from one of our approved Mystery Shoppers, the agent recommends the shopper to fly with either Virgin Atlantic Airways or Delta Air Lines (as the priority recommendation), the agent will qualify to win Amazon Gift Cards or Free Economy/Main Cabin return Flight Seats with either Virgin Atlantic Airways or Delta Air Lines Entries on any direct/ non-stop flight route that we operate. The Mystery shopper will request a recommendation to a specific destination operated by VAA/DL (list of destinations available in annex 1.)
5. Prize-specific conditions also apply: In addition to these terms and conditions, each prize is also subject to the further prize-specific conditions, set out in Annex 1 at the back of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and any prize-specific terms and conditions, the prize-specific terms and conditions in Annex 1 will prevail.
6. Winner Selection: Winners of each prize will be chosen by the mystery shopper as per the entry requirement. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
7. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by telephone/ face to face (however the mystery shop is conducted) at the time of the entry and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the prize, within 7 days of initial contact. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
8. Prize Acceptance: The winner must contact the promoter within 28 days of acceptance of the prize to arrange fulfilment of the prize. If the winner does not inform the Promoter within this period, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
9. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, as stated in Appendix 1. Any VAA flight bookings using company concessions are excluded from this promotion.
10. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon booking a qualifying flight during the Promotion Period. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize [or seek recovery of its value if the prize has been awarded to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
11. The individual will be notified at the time of the Mystery Shopping taking place if they have qualified for a prize. The prize is not transferable to any other individual and cannot be requested by the winner. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script,’ ‘brute force,’ masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
12. The Promoter must be informed of any special access requests (wheelchair access or any similar access needs) which are necessary for the enjoyment of the prize.
13. Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. You will be responsible for ensuring that (at the time of travel) you and any person travelling with you are available to travel and hold valid passports (that will remain valid for at least 6 months after arrival at destination, including the US), any necessary visas, other required documentation to comply with applicable immigration or other travel regulations for the [flight or holiday in question] on the travel dates specified.
16. All elements of the prize package must be used as part of the same trip. If the winner elects to use any or all portions of his/her prize with fewer than the entire booking, the prize will be awarded to the winner and any participating guests specific when the winner claims the prize and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
17. Unless otherwise stated in the relevant prize-specific terms at Annex 1, the prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food, and drink, spending money, tax, or personal expenses.
18. Any costs incurred in addition to the prize package elements listed at Annex 1 shall be incurred at the winner’s and/or their guests expense including but not limited to: food, drinks, transport, telephone charges, room service, laundry service, optional excursions, tips, service charges, taxes, souvenirs, merchandise, and any other incidental expenses.
19. Responsibility for guests: The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and any guests whilst using the prize and the winner and all guests must abide by any relevant terms and conditions set by the airline, hotel, and cruise operator, which form part of the prize. Any children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian aged 18 years or over.
20. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or any guest from participation in any aspect of the prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the prize or if the winner and/or their guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
22. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who writes to [Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley RH10 9DF] (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within [one] month after the closing date stated in condition 4. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter [Customer Centre Telephone: 0344 874 7747]. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
23. The Promoter's responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
23.1 The Promoter (together with any associated agencies and companies) is not responsible for any loss or damage you suffer in connection with this Promotion or by accepting or using a prize won under this Promotion, that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both the Promoter and you knew it might happen.
23.2 The Promoter does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by the Promoter's negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents, or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
23.3 The Promoter is not liable for business losses. Any prize won under this Promotion is for domestic and private use. If you use the prize for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
23.4 The Promoter is also not responsible for failure to meet any of its obligations under the Terms where such failure is due to events beyond its reasonable control.
23.5 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect or limit your rights under the law. For more information about your rights contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Bureau.
24. If any provisions of these terms and conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
25. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in these terms and conditions will prevail.
26. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Annex 1 - Prize-specific terms and conditions
· A prize award win of 1x pair of return flight tickets is valid in Virgin Atlantic Airways Economy Class Travel on any Virgin Atlantic Airways direct/non-stop route or in Delta Air Lines Main Cabin on any Delta Air Lines direct/non-stop route. Amazon Gift Cards will be to the value of £25 per applicable win.
· Any VAA flight bookings using company concessions are excluded from this promotion
· Valid for Travel Trade Front Line Sales Agents in the UK (England, Scotland, and Wales only) over the age of 18 years old.
· 5x Pairs (10 tickets) are available to win with Virgin Atlantic Airways and 5x Pairs (10 tickets) are available to win with Delta Air Lines. To use for future travel on a Virgin Atlantic Airways direct/ non-stop Economy Class route or on a Delta Air Lines direct/non-stop Main Cabin route. Date restrictions may apply, travel must be completed by 30th September 2022.
1. This prize is non-refundable/non-transferrable/non-changeable
2. This T&Cs supersedes any flexible booking policy offered by VAA/VAH
3. This prize is as per winning VAA flight booking. VAA will contact the lead customer in the booking via E-mail if they have been selected in the random draw
4. The winner must notify the promoter to fulfill the prize within 28 of being notified of their prize win. Contact Bradley.email@example.com for winner confirmation email if not received to redeem via the Virgin Atlantic customer center.
5. Lead passenger in the original booking must travel. No refund on residual flight voucher balance. Lead customer is passenger 1.1 as referenced in the original booking information
6. The voucher can be used against the cash element of a Reward Flight booking to cover taxes, fees and charges
7. The voucher cannot be used for Points Plus Money bookings
8. This prize is valid on VAA-operated and Delta Air Lines operated flights only
9. This prize is not valid on non-VAA operated flights despite marketed by VAA e.g., VAA marketed flights operated by Air France (AF), KLM (KL), or any other airline partners.
10. This prize cannot be used for any future bookings fulfilled by Virgin Holidays e.g., holiday package bookings, flight+hotel, etc
11. All travel must be completed by 30th Sep22 only. Excludes any travel in 10Dec21-16Jan22; 10Feb22-20Feb22; 31Mar22-24Apr22. All travel means both departure date and return date. Strictly no date extensions
12. Fare difference charges may apply for subsequent changes to travel plans
13. If your flight is cancelled due to operational reasons, we will look to protect/ rebook for an alternative date.
14. Prize winners have 28 days to accept their prize. This prize has no monetary value.
15. Reward flights are subject to availability and full taxes, fees and carrier-imposed surcharges apply
16. All passengers are carried by Virgin Atlantic in accordance with its Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage and its Conditions of Contract (as may be amended from time to time). Virgin Atlantic’s published Conditions of Carriage apply and are available at http://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/help-centre/conditions-of-carriage.html
17. In the event there is a conflict between these terms and conditions and the Conditions of Carriage, the Conditions of Carriage will prevail
18. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to
18.1. withdraw the promotion.
18.2. cancel or change the promotion; and/or
18.3. amending these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances make this necessary and without further notice
The Mystery Shopper is permitted to request a recommendation to one of the destinations listed below: