Comfort aids and harnesses permitted for use onboard
The below devices are permitted to use for children onboard all Virgin Atlantic planes. Any other devices that are not present on this list aren't permitted onboard at any time.
- Child body support
- Travel chair
- Cares harness
- Infant seat belts - these will be provided by the cabin crew onboard your flight
- Car seats - these must meet certain requirements. Please read more information below.
- Canopy to be placed over infant's bassinet
- Trunkie/Bedbox that extend seat pan for children to sleep*
- Plane Pal - inflatable cushion for children to sleep, please note that only the Plane Pal brand is permitted*
- Small inflatable neck pillows
* Can't be used if the child is in an aisle seat (middle and window seats are fine). Must be stowed away for taxi, takeoff and landing, and during turbulence. Can be carried instead of a cabin bag.
Comfort aids not permitted for use onboard
With the exception of the devices permitted to use onboard (as above), any other devices aren't permitted onboard at any time.
Examples of devices not permitted on board at any time:
- Leg hammock for passengers to place their legs inside
- Inflatable foot rest that attaches to the seat in front
- Large soft or inflatable head pillow
- Privacy band that attaches to the headrest
- knee defender