EU regulation 261/2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to customer in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights requires us to offer affected customers on cancelled flights the following care package:
- Meals and refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time
- 2 short telephone calls, or telex, or fax, or e-mail messages
- Hotel accommodation if the delay goes into the following day
- Transport to and from the hotel/other accommodation.
Our assessment of reasonable customers claims is based upon the following principles:
- Hotel accommodation - based on a minimum of two people sharing one room. (with the exception of customers travelling alone on a single reservation) in a mid-range (express/no frills) hotel
- Meals and refreshments - Include breakfast (if it has not been included in hotel offering) followed by one snack, lunch and dinner per person per day, plus approximately six regular soft drinks or beverages per person per day.
- Transport to and from the hotel - Using public transport
How to make a claim:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching scanned copies of your receipts and including the following details:
- A list of the customers and booking references being claimed for
- A short summary of the claim
- All itemised receipts
- Contact details of the lead customers to whom reimbursement should be paid.
We are unable to reimburse any of the following:
- Un-receipted expenses
- Top range and/or luxury hotels and/or restaurant/eateries/room service
- Payments to friends/relatives offering bed and board
- Replacement flights on other airlines
- Any other purchases not related to meal and accommodation requests