Information for customers travelling to the US
The US government have released travel restrictions from 17th March, which denies entry to UK nationals. We have evaluated what this means for our customers and flying programme, making changes where required. You can find our current scheduled flights here.
Please check and familiarise yourself with your travel insurance policy before travelling.
US Government restrictions on travel
Due to the ongoing situation with the Covid-19, the US Government have made the decision to restrict entry into the United States to:
- Passengers who have been present in the Schengen Area, comprising of the following European states: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. This includes passengers connecting via airports in these countries, for example, flying Manchester to New Orleans, via Amsterdam, travelling on a Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Atlantic codeshare flight (with a flight number starting with "VS")
- Passengers who have been present in People’s Republic China in the past 14 days
- Passengers who have been present in Iran in the past 14 days
- Passengers who have been present in United Kingdom in the past 14 days
- Passengers who have been present in Ireland in the past 14 days
*These regulations also apply to anyone in transit through the US or any of the aforementioned countries.
- This does not apply to United States Citizens holding a US Passport
- This does not apply to lawful permanent residents of the United States holding a Permanent Resident Card or Letter of Parole
- This does not apply to passengers with the invitation of the US government for the purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus.
- This does not apply to the US Armed Forces and their spouses and children
Information and options for passengers who fall under the exceptions listed above and will be allowed to travel to the United States
If you have travelled to China, Iran or the Schengen Area within 14 days of planned travel to the United States, but are on the exemption categories listed above, you will be allowed to travel to the United states providing you enter via one of the selected airports: Atlanta (ATL), New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Boston (BOS), Newark (EWR) and Washington (IAD)
- If you are already booked to travel to one of the airports above, your travel will continue as planned and you will be screened at the airport on arrival
- If you are not already booked to travel to one of the airports above, you can rebook under our no change fees policy
- If you booked through Virgin Holidays, a travel agent or third party, please contact them directly.