The Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited (“VAA”) Points Booster product (the “Points Booster”) provides an opportunity for customers to purchase additional Flying Club points against any Qualifying Flight by buying the point-to-point base flown or double the base flown points. Through Points Booster, Flying Club members are able to purchase points to add to the number of points they earn on qualifying flights.
- Qualifying Flights are flights which have Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited’s two letter “VS” designator code on the ticket and operated by Virgin Atlantic. Tickets purchased utilising another carrier's two letter designator code are not eligible, even if operated by Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited.
- Points can be purchased through Points Booster via a Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited Customer Service Centre or via the Virgin Atlantic website.
- Purchase of points through Points Booster can be made from the time of flight booking until the date of the first sector of the flight in the itinerary. Retroactive purchases may also be made up to the date falling six months after the original date of the first sector of the flight in the itinerary. Retrospective purchases can only be made via the Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited Customer Service Centre.
- Points purchased via Points Booster will be priced as follows:
a. British Pound Sterling: £0.010 per points
b. U.S. Dollars: $0.016 per point.
Points Booster purchases can be made in British Pound Sterling or United States Dollars.
- Points can be purchased through Points Booster in association with any reservation with up to four sectors on flights with a VS prefix, regardless of purchase channel. Only one Points Booster purchase can be applied per passenger per itinerary.
- For reservations with multiple passengers, each passenger may be eligible to purchase points through Points Booster, but these transactions are to be processed individually.
- Points purchased through Points Booster will be tied to the Flying Club account number associated with the flown flights. To be eligible to purchase, Flying Club Members must have a single-member Flying Club account number.
- Points can be purchased through Points Booster with flights that were purchased or upgraded via the redemption of Flying Club points.
- Points Booster is available to all active members of Flying Club. However, Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited reserves the right to restrict the availability of purchasing milpointss by members to certain geographical areas and the purchasing of points by members is at the sole discretion of Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited.
- This Points Booster offers customers the ability buy the base flown points or double (2x) the base flown points on a flight. Points Booster does not apply to additional points earned, as a result of ticket class and/or Flying Club tier status.
- Purchases made in connection with Points Booster cannot be combined with any other bonus tier points or any bonus points from other promotions; Points Booster only applies to the base flown point-to-point points on the flight.
- No Tier Points will be earned for any transactions made pursuant to Points Booster.
- Points purchased via Points Booster will be credited to the member’s Flying Club account within 72 hours of the originally scheduled date of the first sector of the flight in the itinerary. For retrospective purchases, points will be credited within 72 hours of the transaction being made.
- Payment for Points Booster is taken via credit card or debit card charge at the point of sale.
- Members must have a valid email address in order to purchase points through Points Booster.
- Members will have the right to cancel any purchase of points for up to 14 days after the date of purchase provided that none of the purchased points have been redeemed. If any of the purchased points have been redeemed then members will not be entitled to a refund for any of the purchased points including those that have not been redeemed. Once the 14 day cooling off period has expired any points purchased and received by members are non-refundable and non-transferable, except as expressly permitted by the terms and conditions of Flying Club. If any purchase of points is cancelled then members may not re-purchase points on the same qualifying flight.
- If the itinerary associated with the Points Booster purchase is changed or the customer does not take the flight, payment is still taken at the point of sale of the Points Booster purchase and the points will be credited to the member’s Flying Club account within 72 hours after the originally scheduled date of the first sector of the flight in the itinerary.
- If the flight associated with the Points Booster purchase is cancelled by Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, customers are eligible for a refund and may initiate one by calling a Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited contact centre. If the flight associated with the Points Booster purchase is cancelled by the Flying Club member, Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to cancel the Points Booster transaction. All refunds will be processed by Points.com International Limited within 48 hours of approval and credited back via the original form of payment.
- If you are refused carriage in accordance with our conditions of carriage, entitlement to refund will be at our discretion.
- Points earned via Points Booster purchase(s) do not count toward the 100,000 points limit associated with Buy Points and Gift Points programs. There is no limit to the number of points that a member can earn via purchase(s) of PointsBooster.
- There are no additional taxes levied on Points Booster purchases.
- The purchase facility of Virgin Points via this Points Booster offer through Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited is operated on behalf of Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited by Points International Ltd. and any information provided is entered into the Points International system.
- Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited reserves the right to cancel or amend any or all of these terms and conditions, without notice and at any time.
- The purchase and use of points purchased via Points Booster are subject to the terms and conditions of Flying Club and our Conditions of Carriage. Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited is solely responsible for the redemption and fulfilment of points.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.