If you need oxygen onboard
We no longer provide therapeutic medical oxygen onboard, and Personal Oxygen Cylinders aren't approved for use on our flights.
However, you can bring and use your own Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) on all Virgin Atlantic flights.
General need-to-knows about bringing POC's on our flights:
- You won't be able to sit in an exit row or bulkhead seat
- Your POC does not count toward your carry-on baggage limit
- If you're planning to use it on the flight, your POC must have 150% of battery life for the duration of your flight(s) eg. For a 6 hour flight, you'll need 9 hours of battery power
- To comply with airline safety policy, please don’t bring more than the battery requirement
- The battery should be removed and packaged separately if not in use
- It should have a recessed battery terminal, and the packaged battery terminals should not contact any metal objects
If your flight is operated by one of our partner airlines, please contact them directly for their policy regarding medical oxygen.