Who can use the eGates?
• Citizens of the UK, EU, EEA countries (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland), Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the United States of America.
• Hold a biometric passport.
Members of the Registered Traveller service can also use the eGates.
In addition, nationals of these seven countries will also no longer be required to complete or present a landing card.
Travellers will still need to see an officer if they are:
• Travelling with children under 12 years
• Travelling on their National Identity card or with a passport that doesn’t have a biometric chip
• Coming to the UK for short term study, specific types of work or reasons (if they are from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the United States of America).
For further information visit gov.uk/visas-immigration